Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Locks of Love




My Senior year of high school, I decided that I was going to grow my hair out and donate it to Locks of Love. (For those who don't know, Locks of Love uses donated hair to make wigs for children with cancer). Two, three, four years passed away without me cutting my hair more than an occasional trim. However, at the end of my college career, I decided it was as good a time as any to get it done.

While visiting my family in Washington, my mom was willing to cut my hair. As much as I was ready to rid myself of sun-bleached, split-ended, too easy for a child to tug on hair; cutting off something most people in Idaho didn't know me without, was a challenge.

Hair 15 inches shorter, and a few days later, I am still as happy as ever. I sure hope some kid enjoys having my hair, I know I sure do.


When I asked Talon to take a picture of my hair, this is what I got. Typical.

















Before







































After



2 comments:

  1. You're so brave! I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your haircut. I can't believe you grew it out that long! I remember you telling us you wanted to grow it out in high school. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete