Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy 1st!

There has been a lot of excitement at the Nelson household lately. I'll tell you the tale... It all began with Leah coming down with the flu. For two days, mom and baby sat around sleeping and watching TV, nights were a blur of ups and downs (out of bed I mean). The next three days were spent trying to get back into a schedule with a very fussy baby and a very worn out mom. Luckily, Dad was there to help keep us both sane. 
Apart from a very taxing week, I was stoked about the Halloween party my sister Tiff was throwing. I made Leah's costume and she turned out to be a very adorable Little Red Riding Hood. Talon was willing to play along as the Wolf and I the Grandma. The party turned out really fun Tiff and the haunted maze was awesome!
The last and best part of the tale ends with a very special birthday, LEAH's! My little baby girl is one year old and cuter than ever! She reveled in the fact that we were all singing Happy Birthday to her and loved everyone watching as she opened her gifts. Some of her newest developments are climbing down stairs, walking, and throwing everything out of her crib, tub, and toy baskets. Happy Birthday baby girl, you are the joy of my life!




I thought I'd try something cute with the cake...I'll think I'll stick with plain frosting and candles next time.



That is one happy face. Thanks for the doll and the pink fuzzy hat Grandma.



2 comments:

  1. Cute girl you have there Amber! Those pics of her as Red Riding Hood are adorable!! So cute! And your cake actually looked pretty awesome too. Tell Leah happy birthday for me, or just come over sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Happy birthday to Leah! Her Halloween costume was adorable!

    ReplyDelete