It was one of those days..... One of those days that I actually wanted to get something done..... But we all know what that means..... The monsters come out to play.
For my Young Womens mutual activity this week, the YW had planned to do a craft. When that fell through the day of the activity, it was up to the leaders (Lindsey Barber and I) to come up with something. I thought the girls would enjoy making fabric hair flowers that I've made in the past. I thought it best to have a sample half completed so I could show the girls an example before they did it themselves. This is where Leah and Annabelle come in.
Naturally, Leah wants to help me do everything and Annabelle has to see everything that's being done. Half an hour into my project, Leah had pulled all of the pins out of my pin cushion (about 150 of them) and was now hiding buttons in the sheets of my bed. Annabelle was constantly tugging at my pant legs and whining. I decided I needed some alone time and I put the girls in their room and closed the door.
Another blessed half hour passed and I completed my craft. I hadn't heard any crying or fussing from the girls in that time and I figured while they were playing good, I would just leave them in the room a while longer. Then I heard Leah start laugh. Dun, dun, dun..... When I opened the door to see the damage, this is what I saw.
The girls were sitting across from each other, Leah spreading diaper rash cream all over their faces, arms, and legs and had already covered several books and the dresser. For the first two seconds, I thought I was going to cry with fed-up-with-my-children-ness. But then something else within me won out and I just had to laugh.
How could you not laugh at this face
It wasn't easy trying to discipline my two year old after I had laughed at her antics, but I hope she got something out of it (I doubt it, this is not her first incident with diaper rash cream).



Hahahahahaha thanks for this. I'm sure I'll have days like this in the near future.
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with diaper rash cream!? hilarious and disgusting! Keep your camera handy--it's what gets me through the 'freak out' moments.
ReplyDeleteenjoy cleaning that one up though :)
So you had one of those days this week too, huh? :) Leah is crazy! Glad you remembered to keep your cool and laugh. That's why I keep my camera close too.
ReplyDeleteToo funny and cute! It is always so much easier to see the funny-ness in someone else's situation.... Way to go getting through it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for being such a great example to me! Thanks for sharing this hilarious story!
ReplyDelete