Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Triathlon

Talon and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary this month by going down to Utah. We left the girls with Grandma Nelson and headed to Brigham City where we had a nice dinner at Maddox. I tried their bison steak and Talon tried their shrimp steak. It was all absolutely delicious. We then drove south to Utah's infamous Hogle Zoo. It was almost as much fun watching people with their children as it was to see the animals. I would like to say that our celebration continued, but the next morning was all business. 



I entered a Triathlon race with my sister Tiff, her husband Mike, and my sister-in-law Kristin. We all arrived late to the race and were in a hurry to get everything set up in time. I will spare you the details and simply say that I was frantic before the race. This is the order and distance of the Triathlon; 400 meter swim, 12 mile bike, 3.2 mile run. 

Mike on the swim



Me returning from the bike. Killer. 
My legs felt like jell-o the first mile of the run.


Kristin taking off on the run.
 
 Tiff taking off on the run.


Me returning from the run. 
No, I was not smiling the whole way.



Mike placed 9th of the 118 racers, Kristin was faster than both Tiff and I, Tiff did it having had her fourth baby only five months earlier, and I took first place in my age group. I would say we all did a pretty good job. 



Baby Cale wanting my awesome participation metal.


 Me on the podium. Yeah!


4 comments:

  1. Hooray! That was a lot of fun. I'm glad we did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. On both your anniversary and your triathlon! What an inspirational accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We. Are. Awesome! Especially you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't tell me you were first in your age group. Wow! That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete