Don't laugh at the face! It was a very sunny day okay!
Once again, sunny I tell ya!
We went to dinner at a fancy restaurant on the roof of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. The air was cool and the view of the temple in the setting sun was wonderful.
The next day, we toured the different sites; the Tabernacle, Conference Center, Brigham Young's House, and the Visitor's Center. One of Talon's favorite things was the sight and smell of the thousands of flowers on temple square. I think this picture depicts his attitude towards them perfectly.
The Dining room at Brigham Young's house.
Our last stop was a trip to the Pioneer Village. It's a small town fashioned after the homes and buildings of the time. I realized how much we are blessed with in these days.
I had to get a picture of the Loom seeing as I am a sewing major. However, I'm super glad I don't have to make my own thread and that I have a fancy sewing machine versus a loom.
The school house was another one of my favorites. I loved the paddle! (If only I could have used that during my student teaching).
Talon acting as if he's innocent, but I know him all too well.
I was able to convince the workers that I wasn't older than the 10 year old limit, and got to ride the ponies.
Overall, it was a week well spent alone with my wonderful husband of two years.



Happy anniversary! I thought of you two this week. I like that "alone" part at the end of your post! It's much harder to get that in large doses after a baby. So glad you guys got to spend a beautiful sunny weekend together to celebrate. I've always wanted to go inside the SLC temple.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! And happy anniversary! You two make a great couple. You should have told us you were in Salt Lake, we're so close. . . because I'm sure you would have wanted to see us while you were celebrating your anniversary. . .
ReplyDelete