However, we were preparing for Family Home Evening one night and Talon asked if I would prepare the lesson. In reply, I asked if he was making dessert, it seemed fair enough. I never expected him to respond, "Only if you want donuts." So lets see, does a nine month pregnant woman want donuts that she doesn't have to make? YES!
I sat on the couch and gave Talon pointers on how to prepare the dough while preparing a Leah friendly lesson. We were both disapointed when during the first rising the dough didn't do a thing. However, we left them out longer for the second rising and the dough was as light as a marshmallow. Talon fried and frosted the donuts with a very impressed wife watching nearby. They were absolutely delicious! As good as the best donut you've ever eaten I'm sure. What made the experience that much better was how proud Talon was of himself. Perhaps this will mean a little more confidence in the kitchen for the future.
Yum!
Leah eagerly awaiting another bite of Dad's food.
I had to include one of my own cooking successes this week. French bread!



Yum yum yum! That bread looks delicious! (The donuts do too!) Will you share your recipe? How are you feeling? Oh, and one recommendation, make sure your you pile on the compliments for Talon's cooking. I find this goes a long way to getting a husband to cook again. :) Richard will forever be THE french toast cook in our family. :)
ReplyDeleteMy comment is yUM!
ReplyDeleteAnd holycowyou made French Bread!