For my "Connecting Education and Career" class, we went on a field trip to Boise. We stopped at several high schools on the way to learn about the different curriculum we will be able to teach when we graduate and what to expect. We also made a few stops at places such as an event planning shop (which was probably my favorite to learn about), the Renaissance museum, and two culinary arts high schools. Our first night out, we went to a very nice restaurant that served us a five course meal and afterwards we were able to talk with the chef. That night we stayed with members in the area and my host couple was great. They were a younger couple and had two little girls who had been really excited to see us, but fell asleep before we arrived. The next morning, the mom told me that her older daughter had come into her room at 6:00 that morning to see if she could see her "friends", but we were still asleep. When she finally woke up again later that morning, we were about to leave and she was too shy to talk with us. The second day in Boise, we spent the majority of the day with a state director who was over the Family Consumer Sciences Department. She told us all about the different organizations she was over, what we could expect after we graduated, and all of the different things we could do with our major. After two full days of hearing new information, it was a bit overwhelming, but I learned a lot and the experiences were fun. On our way back to Rexburg, we stopped at the Boise, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls temple and took a few pictures. When I came home at 11:30 at night, Talon had flowers and a Twix bar waiting for me (although he did owe me a Twix bar after he ate mine the other day).

So, you can't really see it, but there's a sign in the middle of the picture (in the distance) that has Talon's name on it.

Rindy, Becky, and me at the restaurant during our first course, the soup.

At the end of the table is my teacher, Sister Empey.

Here, we are waiting for the state director to speak with us.

The flowers and Twix bar Talon bought for me. I love husbands!
Awww, I remember the first time I was away from Bron. He brought me home flowers too! :) Sweet boys. I'm such a pathetic sap without him.
ReplyDeleteYour field trip looks like it was a ton of fun! It looks like an extended girls night out with some education attached. I'm glad you were able to learn a lot about what you can do with your degree. It helps a lot! I know I'll be asking you lots of questions someday about sewing, cooking, etc.