Sunday, October 17, 2010

From Dirt To Delicious!

Our wee garden.

Talon and I had a fruitful summer. It all began by planting seeds, watching them grow, and then the real work began. Green beans, frozen raspberries, jam, apple sauce, dried apples, peaches, salsa, potatoes, apple juice, carrots, onions, lettuce, and tomatoes (to mention a few) are all projects that Talon and I took on this summer. Luckily, we had a lot of help from the family as well.


Talon and I also set aside some money to stock up on other essentials for our food storage including two, 5 gallon buckets of wheat, flour, sugar, pinto beans, and canned creams. A little extra work had to then be put in to building bigger food storage shelves (Thanks Talon). A lot of time and energy was put in this summer to start our two year food storage, but it sure paid off.



1 comment: