I woke up at 12:30am Sunday morning with severe cramps in my abdomen. I didn't identify them as contractions until about an hour and a half later when Talon and I started timing them. About 3:00am, when the contractions were only 4-5 minutes apart, we got into the car and headed to the hospital, (that sure is a long drive when you're having contractions). When we arrived at the hospital, I was admitted and was told that I was dilated to a six. The baby was turned upside down inside of me so I was suffering from back labor (ouch, that's all I can say). About half an hour after we arrived at the hospital, I decided I wanted an epidural and recieved one about a half hour later when I was dilated to a seven. We truly are a blessed generation, epidurals are great! The next few hours, Talon and I rested until the nurse told me I was at a ten. At this point, I couldn't even move my toes, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to help push when the time came. Luckily, when the doctor asked me to try a practice push, he was suprised at how effective it was and Leah was born about fifteen minutes later. A healthy, beautiful, and yes, adorable baby GIRL!!! We named her Leah Mae Nelson. She was born around 9:00am, weighing 7 pounds 1 ounce, and was 19 inches long.

She has very dark brown hair and loves having her hands by her face (in fact, she was born with one of her hands near her face).

I think that she has Talon's eyes, my feet, and one of each of our ears. She has a big appetite and loves licking her lips. We are so excited to have her at home and I can't wait to spoil her rotten with all of the things we have for her.

Handsom hunsband and adorable baby
one big happy family
Hooray!!! I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for you two. I didn't think I'd be so excited about little Leah's arrival, (such a pretty name!) but I am. Maybe because it's your first AND it's a girl. It sounds like you had a pretty smooth labor and delivery (minus the back labor part). Way to go, girl! Jed was born with his hand on his face too (must be related) and that was what made me tear so bad in a really odd place. Oh well. Leah is gorgeous. I love the orange bow. I wish I could meet her!!! Best wishes for the upcoming weeks. The only suggestion I have is to take lots of pictures and cuddle her as much as possible because she'll grow much too fast! I'm sure you'll be a natural mommy, Amber. :)
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! Oh this makes me so happy for you guys! I went to take a meal to a sister in our ward who just had her baby on Thursday last week, and it just made me think of you! If only they stayed that tiny... I just think newborns are so precious. Enjoy every minute and get some sleep now and then ( :
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you two! Good to see there is female side to the Nelsons!
ReplyDeleteSabrina and Alex