Monday, October 14, 2013

Squash!


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year because it means the start of all of the holiday festivities for the next several months. It also brings with it ripe pumpkins to enjoy carving with your family. 

My girls enjoyed carving pumpkins much more than I anticipated. They both loved using spoons and knives to dig out the pumpkins center and carve into its shell. 



Annabelle didn't quite have the strength to do real pumpkin carving, but she sure enjoyed sticking all of the utensils into the inside of the pumpkin topper. What a masterpiece.



Our home grown pumpkins turned out looking pretty good after all our hard work. Leah helped Talon make her face on their pumpkin, and Annabelle and I created a flying bat silhouette. 



Happy fall to all out there!


3 comments:

  1. I love their faces! I'm also glad I'm not the only one who has big messes to clean up. :)

    P.S. Jed saw Leah's picture on my computer and he exclaimed, "My best friend!"

    ReplyDelete